HIV Tests, some info?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by neoterixx, Jan 31, 2003.

1. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

I got two tests done for HIV already and they both came back Negative, does that mean that HIV doesnt develop later on? I was under the impression that HIV even though not found during a test could develop over time, or is that AIDS, and im confusing the two?

Also does that mean that i should get tested everytime im at the DOCTOR? what if im abstanant?

2. Lighter

Lighter . . . . . . . . .

/me pick up his CPU and throws it at neroterrix.

New thread: How do I fix the CPU I just broke? :happy:

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

you should probably check out www.google.com with key words HIV TEST in order to get more information on this topic :)

btw for Lighter... the easiest way to fix a computer would be through the use of cellotape and super glue... works wonders for me...

4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

hiv is the virus that causes aids.

having antibodies for this virus, is the most popular test to see f you have the aids virus.

there is a period of time where a person can have contracted aids, but the antibodies have not formed yet, so the person can test negative...no aids...even though he does in fact have aids.

I believe the false negative period of time is 6 months.

in general, if you've gotten two tests, further apart then 6 months, and no additional behavior has been performed that can cause aids in this period of time, then you are free of the virus

5. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran