Hiding IP Addresses!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by contender, Jul 4, 2002.

1. contender

contender Guest

Is there a way to hide my IP while connected via ADSL? I do not have a network, just a single computer connected to the net. Would a HUB or Router do the job?

2. leonlai

leonlai Guest

try a router

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

yes, I personally have an SMC router and it does a very good job. I'd recommend getting one from SMC

4. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Go to Anonymizer.com. They have various (including free) services to surf without revealing your true IP address.:D

5. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

You can't really 'hide' your IP address...what exactly are you worried about or trying to do?

And, honestly, if you're trying to hide it from hackers...you shouldn't try...the only hackers worth hiding it from could figure it out with the blink of an eye...

6. Friend of Bill

Remember, Magic Lantern and Carnivore sit in the Sky Box and oversee everything!:D

7. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

hmm last i heard magic lantern was shut down and had most of its records deleted.. and they need a warrent to use carnivor

8. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

your ip address is allways going to be visable to any one that can type Netstat in a command line ,and knows what to look for espicaly when u are using yahoo messenger, etc
    the only true way to hide your ip is to not go on line :D

9. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

catch that guy stole your avitar

10. Friend of Bill

Quote: "hmm last i heard magic lantern was shut down and had most of its records deleted.. and they need a warrent to use carnivor"

Thats what the mob-masters want you to believe...:D

11. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

You amaze me...

12. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

try a proxy server ...it will hide all info.

13. Is there anything that will hide your ip when you are connected to an ftp server?

14. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

Ok people...I'll put it this way, there is NO way you can hide your IP address from anyone that REALLY wants it.

Period.

15. contender

contender Guest

I asked the question of hiding my IP bcuz I want to be a secure and safe as possible while surfing or connected to the interent. I know nowadays this is almost near impossible, but there are many things to do that can make it harder for those out there that are up to no good.

What proxy server app would you recommend? I currently run ZoneAlarm.

16. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

Use ZA if it makes you feel safer, everything out there is a placebo, if someone wants in, they will get in...there is nothing you can do...

17. deja vu catch22

18. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

lol

19. Friend of Bill

Various IP address encryption programs do exist. Must contact operatives for disclosure.:D