hey guys is msn messenger down?

You all need to use Skype then you'll never have any problems :lick:

Down here too. Has been playing up a lot recently. Bloody thing.

From Site:
All Features
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Last Update: 2/8/2005 10:05:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

it's worked all evening till about.. 6/7 ish.. now it's screwed.. i'll just have to stare at the pretty f@h protein molecules..

i'm down all morning so I guess a good game of hide and seek is appropriate :)

Microsoft said late Tuesday that it had resolved problems that had caused a significant outage affecting its MSN Messenger service worldwide.

A company representative declined to elaborate on the nature of the problem, or the steps Microsoft took in fixing it. In an earlier statement, the representative said the outage was caused by an "isolated issue that we've located in the data center."

The problem had affected a "significant" number of MSN Messenger users intermittently since Monday afternoon, the representative said.

The latest outage comes days after security monitors discovered the Bropia worm was using MSN Messenger to spread. The Microsoft spokeswoman denied the outage was caused by the worm.

Last October, a glitch crippled many MSN Messenger users around the world. In March of last year, MSN suffered a couple of outages over a weeklong period. Some speculated that one of the blackouts was caused by sign-in problems from its Passport service. Microsoft denied Passport experienced any problems during the down period.

Instant messaging has become one of the most popular services among Internet users, and it's gaining more traction among businesses. Popularized by America Online's AOL Instant Messenger, millions of Internet users now have an IM client loaded on their PC desktop.

While AOL, Microsoft and Yahoo account for most of these users, the three networks remain proprietary. Many consumers have more than one IM client running on their screen to chat with various contacts on different services. All three companies have stated their intention one day to interoperate, but results have yet to be seen

source: ZDNet News

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back