Heres ATI DVD player 7.5

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dpr-uk, Dec 11, 2001.

1. dpr-uk

dpr-uk Guest

Still waiting for the downloadable version of the ATI DVD Player 5?
    Dont bother go here http://www.fdrsoft.fr.fm/ and get ATI MMC with DVD player. This is version 7.5 of the ATI DVD player and it works a treat. The only drawback is, it is a large download (43mb) but I have just downloaded it using a dialup connection, worth it though

2. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

is it officially out?
    not into these beta crap things

3. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I notice that this is a "someone got his hands on it" version. I guess I can wait until ATI updates at their site. PowerDVD XP plays my movies really well - the best i've seen. I know the last version of ATI's DVD player sucked (for Win2k and ME), at least on my system.

4. Big B

Big B Guest

It needs some fine tuning, so I'm hoping ATI smooths things out ;)

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Cast the "eye of the moderatro" over it, and it does seem a little illegal, but the site seems pretty legit so I think I will leave it
    (Even tho ATI strictly always leaves there DVD software out of their MMC releases) - You should only go for this if you have an ati card.

Basically ati 5 is based on Cineplayer 4.0 which is a fine player, even tho the release build of Cineplayer4.0 is slightly newer :p

Ati DVD player 4.1 might currently be better than 5, tho I imagine (and hope) that they cleared up the shoddy interface!!!

6. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

i gotta use windvd2000
    powerdvd4 which i really liked has a conflict with claud.ax when it comes to MSN

if i msg anyone on msn, it will shut msn down due to claud.ax
    uninstalled msn and its fine
    had this happen when i had powerdvd2.5, 3 and now 4 install in xp
    (seperate obviously)

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

That is soo strange!