Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GhostRed, Mar 17, 2002.

1. GhostRed

GhostRed Guest

Every time i try to run any of my games they lock up after only a few seconds...then XP reboots and tells me that my video card is at fault.

I have a GeForce 2 MX 400, ive updated the drivers, then uninstalled them and used the windows drivers...and installed all teh windows updates...IT JUST DOESNT WORK!

Has anyone else had this problem??:confused:
  2. Resonance

Resonance Guest

What game and what drivers are you using>
  3. GhostRed

GhostRed Guest

so far ive tried warcraft 3 and sacrifice, currently im using the latest detonator drivers for 2000/XP off the nvidia web site
  4. Resonance

Resonance Guest

I know those games, but I am not familiar with them. Are they D3D or open gl? Latest Det drivers, I am assuming the 23.11's? Windows update ill bring you up to date with the 23.12's, have you tried that?

I had a simular error, and the device error was 256_1, which from skimming the net pointed to my videodrivers. But I think they got currupted when I added an Audigy. I tested this by removing the Audigy completely, resinstalling the Live, and reinstalling all the drivers.

The only way I found a way to fix it, and I hate to suggest it, was do a clean reinstall. I don't bother with the repair, it takes just as long as reinstalling everything. I would wait until someone comes along that actually plays thoses games and see if they can offer better help.