help.......

N

nasar2k2000

i have Linux Red Hat 8..........the problem is that i ahve dual booted it with windows xp but my windows disk partitions are all in NTFS format.........i donot want to change them to FAT32 because of all the great benefits of the NTFS file system......so is there any way of no recovering my linux OS because now my PC only boots from the windows OS......and i donot want to use a boot disk each time i have to boot into linux.....is there any boot loader or any way that linux can itself handle the problem.....

I believe, but not sure exalty, that you want to use linux recovery console or something like that. just search google for your problem or look at the redhat guide...

I will direct my friends towards your post.

I'd just switch over to Fat32 - it makes life easier when dual booting...especially if you'd like to use Samba at all.

FAT32/NTFS has nothing to do with it at this state. You can use both the Linux bootloaders (LILO, GRUB) and the Windows bootloader to dual-boot properly. Do a search on Google, there should be plenty of info.

Thanxxx

Thanx....u guys but just a little problem......when i try to install the bootloader...(lilo or grub)....on the first sector of the first harddrive..... the setup doesnot do that...it just installs it on the first sector of the second harddrive......which is useless because my windows is on my first harddisk and so my computer just boots into windowsXP:(

Hmm, then I suppose the easiest is to use the Windows bootloader. I have instructions somewhere, but I don't remember where. It's been discussed in the forum anyway, try searching for it. It was some time ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back