Help!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by the_sheep_rider, Feb 21, 2003.

1. hello,

I'm running winXP Pro and having trouble with my dvd-rom. When i put a dvd or cd-rom in my player i get a error:

windows cannot read from this type of disk. The disk might be corrupted or may use a format that isnt supported by windows.

IDE1 --> HD1 + HD2
    IDE2 --> DVD ma + CDRW sl

does anyone have a suggestion for this proble?
    Thnx

2. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

revmove the drives and then reboot and let windows refind them and reinstall the drivers.

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If still giving problems have a look over here.

4. thnx, but they still dont work properly.
    if i leave a cd-rom in the drive and i reboot, windows now will se the cd-rom but if i put another disk in the drive windows will not read it

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Is your bios up to date? What about the dvd rom firmware?

6. the BIOS is up to date. I've got a AOpen ATAPI DVD-ROM 16x48x
    cant find a firmware upgrade

7. jroc

jroc Guest

Did you just install this...or has this been working before...only thing I can think of....with so little information...is if you recently installed the DVD-ROM.....and its on the Secondary IDE....is it set to Master/Slave properly.....and if it is...and its new...could be Defective.

8. i did a clean install of WinXp Pro and instal some software: Office XP, Nero 5.5.10.0, WinDVD, Clone CD and of cource all drivers of hardware:
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    AMD 1900+ XP
    sb live player 5.1
    GeForce 3 Ti500

My dvd and cdrw work for 2 day's and then they stop working. This is not the first time it heapens. So i check everytime i installed a new program.
    I also installed the new ASPI drivers.

9. ditchhopper

ditchhopper OSNN Addict

Oh Cripes! I had this same problem and I recall another post in this forum of the same thing happenin but cant for the life of me remember what the fix was. In my case, a clean install did the trick but you said you just did that so......?? *tap tap cmon brain kick in* I remember it was a simple thing so if I dont remember Im sure someone will have it soon.

10. ditchhopper

ditchhopper OSNN Addict

11. tnhx for all the help :D