HELP!!!!! www.lop.com

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by paul_t, Mar 15, 2002.

1. paul_t

paul_t Guest

i don't know how it's happened, but it seems my IE6 has been hacked by the site www.lop.com. everytime a web address is entered that is wrong, instead of showing the standard 'address not found' page, it is automatically redirecting to lop.com.

Also, i've just sorted out all my favorites folder again after lop.com put loads of unwanted crap in there like adult stuff etc...

anyone know how to get rid of this annoying hack? i can't reinstall (or don't know how to) IE6, and i'm wondering whether a full reformat will be the only solution??

thanks for any help

PS: don't go anywhere near www.lop.com if u want nothing less than bother!

2. DoubleClick

DoubleClick Guest

Here is the program to uninstall this shit from your computer, it is also available on their website.

3. DoubleClick

DoubleClick Guest

Sorry the attachment didn't upload last post.

4. paul_t

paul_t Guest

cheers!! at last this shits gone!!!

5. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

I had the same problem;
    you just run the program and it closes all ie windows and then tells you to press any key to continue...

after that it closes, so I guess its gone...
    thnx alot :D

6. riscy

riscy OSNN Addict

Also got hit by that site - nasty shit. I was at astalvista when it struck, but it forced me to do a reinstall and so I upgraded to Win Xp and Linux - so I suppose every cloud has a silver lining :)

7. Raju

Raju Guest

Didn't work

The above mentioned did not work for me.. I closed all the windows... I opened explorer again.. and typed something wrong... LOP.COM poped up again..

Any suggestions?

8. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Raju: Try doing a search here and on google.com you'll probably get your answer quicker then one of us searching for it, then posting it :)