help with parity checking!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by muzikool, Jul 10, 2003.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'm taking a networking class and need some help with an assignment. I have to do parity checking on 4 letters using LRC (Longitudinal Redundancy Checking). If anyone has some knowledge on this, reply here and I will post the problem. What we did in class wasn't difficult, but we were using 7-bit ASCII. My assignment has 8-bit, and so I'm not sure what to do. I hope someone can help... thanks.

2. XeoNoX

XeoNoX OSNN Senior Addict

you sure you dont have the instructions messed up somehow?

3. muzikool

I got it figured out. I wasn't initially aware that I was only concerned with checking the 1's and not the 0's as well. Figuring that out made things much easier. Don't you hate it when you take something simple and make it hard?

4. XeoNoX

lol, you were talking about "BINARY"

I knew you sounded a littled confused on the 1st post.

5. muzikool

Yeah, sorry I wasn't very clear on that initially. Basically, it was the change in bits that threw me off there. I was error-checking a single word, using the binary for each letter, and I was used to only checking in 7-bit ASCII. But anyway, it's done now, and I'm tired so I better not explain anymore or else I'll just add to the confusion. ;)

6. XeoNoX

hehe, well glad you figured it out. By the way......i like your AOL picture alot!!! Ive never seen it before.

7. muzikool

Thanks. I like the picture a lot too (found it on some random site), but I don't like AOHELL a lot! :D

8. koko

koko Got Root?

aol is teh suxors.