Help with installing Printer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cartman2002, Sep 22, 2002.

1. cartman2002

cartman2002 Guest

Printer Model : CANNON BJC 210ST

i have tried installing the driver bjc 210 provided in the window cd. i have also tried it with both kind of port "ECP Printer Port" and "Printer Port".
    After i have installed, i have also checked that the "Device Manager" for errors...but there were none.

The problem is that my printer just wouldn't print.....the program will spool for a while and shows me an error message "Out of Paper".

I cannot even print the "test page" , do the "Cleaning" and the "Nozzle Check".

i have check that the printer still prints with another computer using Window 98....but i want it to be installed with my new computer using XP pro. Please Advised me.

Thank you

2. mudguts

mudguts Guest

sounds like software is not installed
    Do you have the software installation cd for the printer ?
    Have you checked in control panel - printers to see if it is registered there , should have a tick mark against the default printer if it is listed
    The windows cd you mentioned is that windows xp cd
    if so then it will install basic driver support only and not software that is needed to check the ink levels and soforth
    best to check on canon website for software
    also check all cables and make sure they are inserted properly
    Hope this helps :)

3. cartman2002

cartman2002 Guest

Check the cables + went to the panel for "printers and faxes"....found that it has installed properly.....stated BJC 210

its all there....but my printer just wouldn't print.....
    i have almost run out of ideas to solve it.....

4. Aymen

Aymen Guest

Try reinstalling the correct driver

5. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

check the manufacturers website for latest drivers and and hint & tips.

6. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

have a look through your printer properties

make sure you have the right size paper selected as default

mine does the same when I install it - it always sets default paper size to letter - & wont print

:cool:

7. cartman2002

cartman2002 Guest

the driver given to me when i bought the printer was for win 98. I then therefore went on to the net to search for a newer driver. I found out that the manufacturer website which is www.cannon.com has intergrated the model printer BJC 210 into the new Window XP CD. From there...i found the driver and installed it without any problem.....however...it still didn't work

i have also set the paper size to A4 size too.....

Could it be that my motherboard printer port has been damage???

8. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Have you looked at the front page today. It has an article linking here. Looks like a good start.