Help with IE & Explorer ...

E

efeezee

OK, this is driving me crazy, so I am turning to the experts.

Whenever I open my primary IE window, it opens maximized. However, if I open a link, or use my favorites menu, or click Windows update (anything other than the IE shortcut) it opens in a smaller window.

This also occurs with Explorer. For instance, My Music opens maximized, but My Computer doesn't.

I have tried opening a window, maximizing it, closing & reopening it as others have suggested, but no luck.

Ideas will be appreciated, thanks!!

When you say you tried maximizing it..have you just clicked the maximize button? if so don't do that..move the window to the corner of your screen, then DRAG size handles till it takes up full screen. That usually makes it stick :)

OK

That seems to work for some of the uses (like using my faves) but if I use the right-click Open in a New Window command, it automatically uses a default size window (regardless of any specific link).

Any idea for that?

Thanks.

nope that was my only trick..if you use nvidia Nview you could try position memory and see if that works, but i'm all out of ideas :p

NVIDIA NView?

I am willing to give it a shot? Where can I d/l it, and any tips on using it?

if you have a nvidia card and the newer drivers you already have nview, check your control panel for nview desktop manager.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back