HELP with Icon sizes!!!

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by efeezee, Jul 6, 2002.

1. efeezee

efeezee Guest

ok, what can I do... I have my Icon size set to "50" in the desktop properties, and is making my save-as & browse prompt icons huge, thus leaving some out... (see attached pic)

I actually want my desktop icons bigger, but until I can figure out a fix for this, I am stuck... my desktop icons aren't that big compared to most I see on this site, so what am I doing wrong?

Desktop: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/efeezee/JULY_DESKTOP.jpg

Thanks for any help!!

:)

2. efeezee

efeezee Guest

3. efeezee

efeezee Guest

well

I do have that selected... do my desktop icons seem small to you?

They do to me, but then you look at the icons in my save-as prompt and they are huge...

????

4. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

well, actually dont your icons look jaggy at 50? because those dented icons that I made have sizes 16x16, 24x24, 48x48, 64x64, 72x72, and 96x96. I say youd be better off at 48x48, because the icons will look alot better. As for the dialog box icons, I got the same problem but I'm not complaining :p

5. loque

loque Guest

Hey efeezee just a friendly reminder, you may not want to show your IP address like that.....just makes you easier prey for some of the nasty people out there.... :)

6. efeezee

efeezee Guest

OK

loque: done, thanks... not sure what I was thinking...

o_87: I made the icons 48x48, but in the desktop properties, is that what the Icon size 50 is referring to? (50x50) Because they look pretty clean to me.

THANKS all...

7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

yes, in desktop properties, if you have selected 50 for the icons size... then Windows will display the icons as 50x50, but if you think they look clean, and dont worry about it! ;)