help with h264

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
hi all, i use autodesk cleaner xl to batch encode hundreds of avi's to h.264 within the .mov enviroment.

right now i've got it so i can compress about 10 mins into 100mbs.

But this seems way hi, the resolution is 640x480 it is progressive and i am currently limiting the data rate to 900kps. the key frame is at 50. it is ntsc 29.97 fps using a standard 44.1khz mpg4 audio codec.

Two questions anyone know how i can get the files smaller, but retaining or even increasing the quality, and two if not. is there a better program out there that can batch convert hundreds of avi's into the h264 codec?
also preferrably one that supports a quad core machine.

I used sorenson once, but it will not put watermarks on the movies as it processes them, i use a pc under xp.

thanks a lot.

You can save space by reducing frames. If your source videos are lower than 29.97 you could save a lot of space or increase a lot of quality by picking a matching framerate. I'm sure with hundreds, though, it would be a pain to examine them all.

if its 29.97 convert them to 23fps, this can be a pain though, although you will have to mess about with the audio or you will get audio and video out of sync

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back