Help with error please

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ls1geezer, Jun 22, 2006.

1. ls1geezer

ls1geezer OSNN One Post Wonder

I get this error everytime I log on to windows XP Pro. The only firewall I have use is windows.
    Thanks

Image44.jpg

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Yeah thats not good, Run your Anti-Virus and Spyware software. That would be the first thing I would do. If that does not get rid of it. Then you might have to go into safe mode and delete it your self.

ls1 FTL

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

You can also remove the message from startup by clicking your Start button, go to Run, type "msconfig" and hit enter

The last tab to the right will be the startup tab, uncheck the box next to that file name and it won't occur at boot anymore. Then do a scan as NLM stated.

4. ls1geezer

Thanks for the help guys. I tried both suggestions with no sucsess.I've scanned with up to date versions of Ad-Aware,Spybot search & destroy and AVG7 Virus scan.
    However I'm not sure about some files in Windows\System32\WineSecure.exe
    Winsecure.001
    Winsecure.003
    Winsecure.006
    Winsecure.007
    I have deleted these files but they keep returning. I've done searches for Winsecure and it seems to be some kind of hyjacker but I can't figure out how to perminently get rid of it.

5. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

WineSecure.exe or WinSecure?

I cant find any info on WineSecure.exe but WinSecure is known spyware. I'd recommend HijackThis to remove it, post a log if you still can't get it.

6. ls1geezer

Sorry........should be WinSecure a little wine or something stronger would be good about now. It's at times like this I wish I DID drink. I will try HyjackThis and see how I make out.
    Thanks

7. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Post the log here. ;)

At first analysis, it does not look great - AfterNET Link

Issue is fixed here - http://www.castlecops.com/p786112-quot_cleaned_quot_system_apparently_still_having_weird_pr.html

Let me know if you need a cleaner break down - but they managed to kill it. There is a trojan called
    Trojan.Win32.Autoit.p in that firewall.exe file.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  8. ls1geezer

I deleted the file firewall.exe from windows\system32\ and this seems to have solved the problem......no more winsecure files have appeared. Sofar so good.
    Thanks for all your help.