help with codecs

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by the_music_man, May 3, 2003.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

yeah i have this xvid movie. and i downloaded the codec and its all weird colored with rainbowish colors. then i dowlnoad nimo codec pack which comes with 10000000000 codecs and then i tried to watch the movie and it ends up being greenish and weird colored and some of it blocked but i can see atleast some of the movie. can any1 help???? i really want to see this xvid movie

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Go to the store and buy the DVD.

3. the_music_man

ummm..........its from my friend's minidv you idiot. so shut up

4. seeme

seeme Guest

mate, thats a really intelligent comment, and very helpful...and had nothing to do with what was asked.

codecs are really bloody annoying to work around...generally what i have done in the past if something has stuffed up is removed as many codecs as i could from the computer, then searched and hopefully found a good codec page that had like every one listed and for download, then reinstalled them all.

also, changing the viewer that you use. the free divX viewer that comes with that download sometimes works better than media player for specific files and file types.

thats pretty much all i can think of for the moment. hope it helps.

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

download this

i had the same problem but rami, tristan helped me out if u know what i mean.

download this pack of codecs cuz nimo didnt work with me either and then after i installed this everything was squeaky clean!
    Ffd Show

6. the_music_man

thanks it worked