HELP : Windows XP Pro build 2600 update problem

K

ksmj

I'm having problem updating windows using the windowsupdate website. It first pops up 2 windows to ask permission, and i click OK for both and then it turn to a page saying my windows update control need to be updated and i click the UPDATE button and then another windows pops up for permission and I click OK again but then it goes to another page saying fail to update, saying probably because of security too high (it doesn't work even if I turnto the lowest security).

can someone please help me on this.

thanks

Sometimes the most logical, but not the easiest resolution is to reinstall Windows.

If you don't want to do that, you may be stuck with the problem. I had something similar happen to me where it kept telling me that the Windows Update site is down, even though it wasn't, but it was something in my computer... I eventually had to reinstall.

If you know that it worked before, try and see if you can remember what you did last that may have caused it to behave that way. Otherwise, you may be S.O.L.

Have Reinstalled 5 times

I have reinstalled the windows 5 times. Yes it works the first time I installed it, but few weeks after first installation, it starts saying that I need to update my windows update controller. Then I reinstalled my windows few times after that for various reasons, and this is one of the reasons. Yet it still doesn't work.:(

Save yourself some trouble, and do what I do: create a Ghost image of your hd or partition. Save it onto a different partition and anytime something messes up, you don't have to reinstall Windows, but just reimage from the saved image. For more information go to www.symantec.com and look for a product called Ghost.

It's the recent updates from MS...fix should be out soon.

I had the same problem but when i logged in as Administrator
(not only as user with Admin privileges) Then the update went
as a charm!

still doesn't work

The point about login as Administrator is a very good one. Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to my case. It still doesn't work. Any more tips.

thanks a lot for those replies guys.

i think it's my ISP problem

I tried with another ISP, it works, but I have limited download with that ISP, so can't update my windows. With the unlimited dowload ISP that I have, it just keeps saying need to update the windows update control, which I don't even have to do it with the other ISP.

thanks everyone.

i think it's my ISP problem

I tried with another ISP, it works, but I have limited download with that ISP, so can't update my windows. With the unlimited dowload ISP that I have, it just keeps saying need to update the windows update control, which I don't even have to do it with the other ISP.

thanks everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back