Help, waited to long.

jkohm

OSNN Newbie
It's hell being retired. To active on the TN Cumberland plateau.
I finalized my plans about six weeks ago but didn't get around to ordering the parts. Now they seem obsolete.

The P35, DDR2 ASUS P5K PREMIUM/WIFI-AP Motherboard Should be replaced with a P45. Any suggestions for a comparable DDR2, P45 or x38 ASUS or Gigabyte board. The WIFI is not important.

Also I settled on the DIAMOND Viper Radeon HD 3870 512MB GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready - Retail but suspect I'ld be better served with a hd4850 board. I chose the Diamond because it had VIVO. Any suggestions on a 4850 board?

I'll be using Q9450 CPU with 4-8gig memory and vista 64bit

My system will be a multitasking unit. My needs in order of priority are:
1. Converting, editing, rendering 35 years of photos (slide, print, digital) and video (film, VHS, various camera formats including some HD) and creating DVDs for my grandkids.
2. Media Center stuff including using a large 1080p TV, streaming video and music.
3. Gaming. I don't do much but would spend a little more to have a more capable system.
4. Surfing, and general purpose work (word processing, spreadsheets, scanning) while doing 1 and 2 above.

Thanks, I promise I'll order soon.

you want a x48 with DDR2 support from either asus, dfi or msi.
Radeon 4870 would be inline with the 3870

Asus Xonar sound cards are awesome for PC's where gaming isn't the primary focus or those alergic to anything that says "creative" on it.

Take your pick on everything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back