Help! Unable to format drive

ok. man this suck i will try ot explain.

ok i as havings ome problems with Xp Pro. It was taking forever to open folders. then i started to have some windows corrupted problems. and check disk ran. about 5 times. So i said screw it. and decided to reformat.

Now when i get into the Xp set up with the sretup on partion part of the setup.

Where my master hardrive c:(20gig) d: (95...gig) it now has this.

SETUP cannot acess this disk.
(disk size) on atapi [MBR]

ok.. is this mean the drive failed?

in the bios it still sees the drive. and shows it as 120 gigs.

any ideas. Im gona go try some little thinsg with it and see if i can get it alive again... ANy ideas guys?

ok. so the bios will see the drive. but when i try to install Xp it doesnt see either partition on the drive saying the error above.

Just a lateral thought - could you boot into something like Knoppix Linux from CD and then format the drive there to then boot from XP CD to install? Do you know anyone with a bootable Linux CD? Or maybe have another machine to download and make one - I guess you have something to be posting here....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back