HELP: Recommend a card

I'm with LeeJend on this one the 7600GT has your best bang for buck. If that's a bit too much look for a evga 7600GTS, it's about $40-$50 cheaper here and it has the same specs except that GT's core is 560MHz and the GTS is 500MHz. It still has 12 pipes and DDR3 at 1400MHz as opposed to the 7600GS' 800MHz DDR2. I built a computer for a friend with one of these and he loves it, it makes a very nice combo between Bang and Buck if you just can't spend the extra for a GT Version.

I'm not in the US so it's unlikely that I'll get close to it. Plus I think I'll only go for the ones that DO have at least 5-10yrs warranty. hehe

If you want to get one now, the NVIDIA Geforce 7900GS is only around £150 and is fantastic value for money. There's a good one here at dabs.

This is 100% EXACTLY what I was thinking when I read this...

and read the articles, they say this is an overclocking BEAST...

the best bang for your buck for a new card...

I would re-rep you ray but it tells me I got to spread the love around :D

I came across this card in PC World website. Can anyone confirm whether this is a good card to get or not? Thanks.

I can't disclose the reason why I chose this card, but I might get it if this card can be confirmed to be value for money and a good performer. :)

The 7600 GT is probably the best choice for the money of cards in current production. Similar to my X800Xk but with a limited 128MB memory bus.

PNY is not the most reliable brand. People I know who bought them avoid it now. On the good side since the 7600GT is not a top end card it will not be stressed too much and PNY might be ok. Also, they did honor their warantees, just a pain the cards died.

PS Those MSI cards are showing up all over the world.

....lancer.... the only thing i've heard of from NVidia regarding Physics calculations is Havok physics that were do-able via software and would share resources with a video card. never heard of them making a GPU/PPU hybrid.

The 7600 GT is probably the best choice for the money of cards in current production. Similar to my X800Xk but with a limited 128MB memory bus.

PNY is not the most reliable brand. People I know who bought them avoid it now. On the good side since the 7600GT is not a top end card it will not be stressed too much and PNY might be ok. Also, they did honor their warantees, just a pain the cards died.

PS Those MSI cards are showing up all over the world.

As long as it break within the warranty period, I'm fine with it.... unless there is some sort of long process of having to send it to the manufacturer for exchanges instead of with the retailer.

If they die after the first few weeks they have to go to the manufacturer (typical of all brands). That usually means 3-6 weeks without a card.

PNY took care of my friends eventually (they even scored some upgrades out of the failures) but the down time is a drag. But that can happen with any brand, just seems more common with PNY.

for around ~140 usd you can get a 7600 gt which can play most hdr games at good speed (and non hdr dx9 games at great speed)
if you want more, the 7900gs is ~200 $ and should run ghost recon 3 on 1280 and high settings at ~40 fps

in both cases im talkin about the 256mb ddr3 versions

as for the maker... im using evga and so far i've got no complaints... but problably all other major brands are the same

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back