Help Popup with no Browser Running

L

Led2112

I keep getting popups when no browser is running. The Message is not in a browser. They usually say something like bla bla bla invites you (with my IP address) to see this site, then an ok button to click. They usually happen when I have not been using the computer for a long time like the middle of the night. I have no Idea how to stop these. I have run adsheild nothing returned and I also checked my task manager but I do not see anything out of the ordinary?
Just checked for a virus a couple of days ago and nothing. Any help would be great!

Thanks again

Turn off Messenger service (not Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger). Here's how.

Start
Run
services.msc
Find "Messenger" in the list
Right click
Properties
Change startup type to Disabled
Click okay.

also make sure the service is 'stopped'.

These other posts are right. Configure messenger to only run when you activate it. I also highly recommend a free and powerful spyware\adware removal tool called Spybot Search and Destroy. Presently the best on the market and far superior to ad-aware.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back