Help Please

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by citralll, May 29, 2002.

1. citralll

citralll Guest

everytime i open my internet- or windowsexplorer it doesnt start for 10 to 20 seconds...everything else on my PC works correct...ive tried installing XP again but still the same problem...can somebody help please...thx

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Sounds like the computer is waiting for something to start up. Antivirus software maybe? Printer driver (I've had one that did this)?

3. citralll

citralll Guest

nope..thats the thing...ive reinstalled XP...3 times...and i have not one program on my computer... :confused:

4. Zedric

Bugger. Made sure you have all the newest drivers?

5. citralll

citralll Guest

i am SOOOO sure that i have the latest drivers....pls help

6. Zedric

Start pulling hardware and see when it stops. Easiest way is to rip everything but the vital out and reinstall. The put things in bit by bit. External devices last. Hell of a job but the only thing I can think of at the moment. What are your specs btw?

Oh dung, I think I missread your post, thought it was every time you started the computer, not always, sorry. Um networking problem then I think. The computer is looking for something on the network. But with a clean reinstall it shouldn't...

Aw post your specs and I'll go think for a while. Use the method above if you have time over.:)

7. citralll

citralll Guest

Zedric..u r right...it was my "networkcard<--dont know the exact word...its fixed....thanks ;)