Help Please...(should I update?)

S

shagen

I have a compaq computer which has WinME...the stats are (I believe because of dxdiag)

Intel Celeron at ~565Mhz
127 SDram
and a 7 Gb hardrive
everything else is internal (like sound, video)

I would like to know if it would be good to update to at least Win 2000...

I don't think that I should change to WinXP because I really don't want to change hardware at this point (would rather want to save up for a whole new computer)

I would really appreciate any help/info you can give me...

Thx in advance

It will run Windows 2000 fairly well, and the performance should at least be tolerable. We have a Pentium III 600 here at work that gets sluggish sometimes, but it usually keeps up pretty well. Better to be a little bit slower than to lock up all the time ;)

I say go to Win2k!

thx everyone...:)

btw, would the sticky thread made by bman be a good way to reformat and install 2000??

thx in advance..:D

It is a good update, but depending on what model of Compaq it is you might have to disable the onboard audio in the BIOS. Just something to look into. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back