Help Pleaaasseeeee!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by drsbaitzo, May 28, 2002.

1. drsbaitzo

drsbaitzo Guest

Hi, I HAVE A TERRIBLE PROBLEM........MY WINDOWS WONT SHUT DOWN....
    I have to press ctrl alt del and the "hibernar" (im in chile).
    But if I press START and then SHUT DOWN it just dont work....Why can it be???? WHAT CAN I DO?????

I have PAnda titanium running and its the only program that turn off when i hit Shut down , messenger and zone alarm pro wont even move!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

PLEASE HELK ME!!!!!!!

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Take a look here . See if any of it pertains to you.

3. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Thanks for that Mr. Force sir.
    By the by, lovely new artwork there, and where DID you get that font??

TOK

4. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Thanks gothic. I don't remember exactly where I got the font. It was just on one of those "font" websites. Don't remember which one.

5. ikester7579

ikester7579 Guest

Are you using any custom wave files in your start up or shut down? I had one that would not let me shut down. As soon as I got rid of it problem solved. Have you updated to the newest version of zone alarm?
    Here's a way you can find out if it's a program that causing the problem. On your task bar turn off all programs running. If the computer shuts down after doing this then you know that it's one of the programs on your task bar that is hanging up the system on shutdown. There's a program called x-setup you can download that has a setting in it for hung up programs. It makes xp automatically unhang the program so shut down can take place. Just go to yahoo search engine and type in x-setup and a place to download it will come up. Hope this helps.