Help on Visual Studio Debugger problem

1) you may want to wait more than 30 minutes before complaining about no one helping you.

2) Might be useful to provide more info like system specs, OS version, and, last but certainly not least, what your problem actually is.

After Visual Studio is installed, the default behavior when an unhandled exception occurs is to show an Exception dialog that requires user intervention to either start Just-In-Time debugging or ignore the exception. This may be undesirable. To configure the server to no longer show a dialog when an unhandled exception occurs (the default behavior prior to installing Visual Studio), use the registry editor to delete the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\DbgManagedDebugge

Is there any particular set of actions you take that triggers the JIT? Under normal circumstances (and depending on your configuration, you should not see this unless an application is throwing an unhandled exception of some kind.

You should also be able to tell what executable is crashing.

In any case, there isn't enough information in this thread for us to help you at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back