help on uxtheme.dll

kkenshinz

OSNN Newbie
Hi, im using vista sp2 and ive done this,

1. Login as a user with Administrative privileges -or- have Administrative credentials ready (check under the keyboard for a slip of paper).
2. Navigate to windows\System32
3. Right-click uxtheme.dll and click properties.
4. Take ownership of the file and close dialogs.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for themeui.dll and shsvcs.dll
6. Right-click uxtheme.dll and click properties.
7. Give yourself (or group) Full Control permissions and close dialogs.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for themeui.dll and shsvcs.dll.
9. Rename uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.old.
10. Rename themeui.dll to themeui.old.
11. Rename shsvcs.dll to shsvcs.old.
12. Copy patched files into %systemroot%\System32
13. Reboot (yes, this is really required)
14. Enjoy!

But i did not copy the new uxtheme.old file over i just renamed it and now my computer cant even load to the desktop page?
Can anyone help me?
Thank You

PS. is there any way to change file names when in safe and promt mode or and other names?

Last edited:
boot from the vista dvd and get to a prompt that way

no, just put the dvd in, boot and choose the command prompt option in the recovery section of the installer :)

zzz im still stuck with this. Im using the recovery disk. Is it the same as the vista dvd because i have 3 seperate recovery disks that came when i bought this laptop.

there is a recovery disc iso you can download by doing a google search, i had to do that since i didnt have a restore disc that came with my computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back