Help, not sure ??

N

Not Bman

Ok, i just got a geforce 2, i had a geforce DDR. I took out my DDR and put in the geforce 2 ! All i got wass problems, i couldnt get into windows it kept frezzeing, and i could only get into safe mode !

I tryed all kinds of things !! I cant figure it out !?? So i gave up for now and i put back in the DDR and sytem restored it back to how everything was, but now when i play Counter-Strike it frezzes after like 2 min !! I had the problem before because i had OPENGL choosen when my computer was overclocked ! I changed that , didnt have my comp overclocked and i had CS working fine with OpenGL ! Now another fezzzing problem but it cant be the openGL ???

Does anybody have an answer,comment or anything ??????

download the new drivers form nvidia. This might solve the problem. I had problems with my geforce 2 too, but they were solved when I used the new drivers.

mmm, thanks but thats not the problem i have the latest drivers !

Could it be the new drivers i put on for my motherboard ??

I had the same problem with counterstrike and I solved it with norton utilities 2002. There is a tool called windoctor, the prog found a lot of errors on my comp and fixed them after that Counterstrike runned perfect.

Maybe it works for you too ;)

I dont feel like getting another program really, i just want my geforce 2 or get my CS back to normal with my DDR

Well, yeah. Before you insert a new card, open Device Manager in Windows XP and remove all display drivers and shut down the computer. Remove the old card and insert a new one. Let XP detect it. Then update the drivers with the Detonator XP drivers from www.nvidia.com or (if you want the leaked ones) www.guru3d.com

You already solved it, so it seems, but this might be handy for others who have trouble with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back