Help need in flashing firmware

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Gouk, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Gouk

Gouk Guest

I want to flash my LG - CD-ROM CRD8520B firmware from the factory default (1.00) to the new 2.00 firmware on LG's Korean site.

Thing is, the flashing program is in DOS (XP does not have DOS, I think it needs true DOS) and I do not know the right commands to enter coz I dont want to destroy the drive.

I want to flash because the drive freezes under XP and this firmware fixes that.

The firmware filename is: 52CTC168.hex and the flasher program is called X6.

I have also attached an image of the flasher program. My CDROM is on the second IDE and set as slave.

What is the command I put in?

Thanks! :)
  2. westy1

westy1 Guest

Does it not come with instalation instructions.

Copy it to a floppy, leave the floppy in drive and reboot.
    Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from floppy.
  3. engel59

engel59 Guest

Try formating a floppy disk and copy the firmware program onto the floppy.
    Put a floppy disk in drive "A:\". Go to "My Computer" and right mouse button click on the "A" drive and choose "Format". Place a checkmark in the "Create an MS-DOS startup disk" box. When your done formating the disk, copy over the Firmware Program. Now re-boot the computer with the startup disk installed and when you get to the DOS prompt run your program. I think this will work.
  4. allan

allan Guest

Whenever flasshing any rom, be absolutely certain to follow instructions to the letter. While generally a straightforward process, it is possible to do irreversable damage.