Votes: 9 28.1%
  • LCD TV

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • DLP TV

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • DLP Projector and Screen

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
I hate to say it but for that price you should have gone for the 50" Panasonic 8th gen set:
TH-50PX500U

They are SO GOOD, they have been on a world-wide back order for over a year now. You can still get one for about 4200 which is almost 1000 over the MSRP... See CNETs review HERE
Its younger brother (TH-50PX50U) won the consumer best buy last year...

You still got a nice Set...

:)

Techno Child said:
how can it be that PLASMA is winning?!?

-very confused-

I would add that there are very few manufacturers of plasma substrates on the planet which are over 42"

no one should assume, simply because one plasma was dim that they are all dim... why else would the airline industry still use them?

because they are very bright, the newer generation sets have much less burn-in than the original few generations, and are MUCH less expensive when compared to LCD which is the only other technology to produce a wall-mountable set less than 8" in depth.

Well
the airline industry uses them becaus they are thin and lighter than others...
Yes, that counts for the airports too...
Dlp is definitely the way to go currently.
Until major improvements are made in plasma, lcd will always be better than it and dlp will always be best.
Given you dont have a space issue :)

right now i think lcd projector is the best because that's what I've gots :p ... Whenever I get a dlp, I will agree with you vanquished ;)

I wanted a projector so bad.
It just didnt seem to be worth the money though...
I wanted a good one and im not willing to pay 3-4 thousand for it...
What i want to do is project something random on my ceiling :)

Techno Child said:
right now i think lcd projector is the best because that's what I've gots :p ... Whenever I get a dlp, I will agree with you vanquished ;)

:) I hear that. As soon as I actually purchased the DLP I found myself in even more vehement arguments about what is best. Now that I own I have to defend. :)

I wanna project something on my ceiling, what a good idea.

inakaotaku-orig. orig said:
I wanna project something on my ceiling, what a good idea.

that would be neat, but most projectors have the fans in the back, so unless you have a really good lens[or a really high ceiling], you can't get it far enough away from the ceiling to make the image big enough without burning it up from lack of venting :s

We'll liquid cool it!
I could put it in the room with my DLP :)
that has a 20 foot ceiling...
Though that would be kinda pointless wouldnt it.
I'll just project a screensaver on the ceiling when im not using the DLP :)

vanquished said:
We'll liquid cool it!
:rolleyes: .. yeah and that would REALLY void my warrenty {that i will never use} lol...

"um, yeah sir, I was just ripping the casing open to install a liquid cooling module because I wanted to lie it down on it's back to project onto the ceiling...", "...no, I don't remember reading that if I take the screws out the back it would void my warrenty :cry: ...", "no i don't remember reading that it must be positioned on it's factory installed feet..." :laugh: :laugh:

See,
only you would think of that, cause your the only one with a projector...

Someday I'll get a projector too. I did look at a bunch of the DLP ones when I got my DLP TV. The picture is supersweet on some of those brand new ones (don't remember the models). I want my own theater in my house.... someday.

When i get my 2000 foot yacht, it will have a fullsize digital theatre.

yeah....well... when I get my undestructable flying ufolike spacecraft built custom..... { :rolleyes: } then I will put quad dlps in there so i have a surround gaming experience :p

Ohyah,
on my 2000 foot yacht, i plan to have 1 entire floor, 1950 feet long and 300 feet wide be a designated halo blood gulch map, it will have warthogs and tanks and all the goodstuff, ofcourse it will be virtual bullets though :)

Anyone have advice for a good DLP for someone on a budget? The most I could probably spend is 1300 - 1500$ on a HDTV. DLP is what I'm shooting for since my parents own one and I love it. The bulbs are not good forever but they are not too expensive to replace either. Beats out Plasma by a long shot IMO.

Been searching Newegg, but the pickings are slim. The only one I was able to find with decent reviews was http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889102068

They only offer 3 total. Since I'm tight on money I really don't care to shop around the big stores in my area, high margins suck.

Well
the airline industry uses them becaus they are thin and lighter than others...
Yes, that counts for the airports too...
Dlp is definitely the way to go currently.
Until major improvements are made in plasma, lcd will always be better than it and dlp will always be best.
Given you dont have a space issue :)

NO, NO and NO...

They are heavier than most other TVs because of the PLASMA inside of them...

LCD is not better, it just has several factors which make it more appealing...

Plasmas cost less, are brighter, and have better color.

The MAIN reason people buy LCDs over plasmas (especially when considering anything 42" or larger) is because they have a MUCH longer lifespan...

I would quickly point out to them the exponential costs of LCDs with the same color and brightness of a plasma are likely to be 3 to 4 times that cost of a plasma of the same size.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back