Help: IE Problem

speedrayo

OSNN Addict
Hi xp User,
u know shortcut of URL has problem...when double click example
Yahoo.com.URL <-- double click But it does not Running to IE...whats wrong? I tried windows Update...its already done...its same problem...how fix it?

Thx

Originally posted by Lonman
This>>> www.yahoo.com won't open in your browser?

if i click above url...its WORK..but Im talking about shortcut of URL...u know any File "xxxxx.URL" is FILE.

Look Pix from my desktop.
desktop.gif

Ah! Gotcha. Right click on the shortcut> properties. Go in and give it a real url.

Check out my example here:

Lonman, Thx for try help But its waste my time because i have many URL....make me tired of my finger hehe....u know win98, me and 2k has no problem with shortcut of url....when i double click shortcut of url...immediate pop up Ie Browser...But Now...Xp does not pop up. :(

Try using the "Favorites" menu. You can display that in your start menu, then you have all the websites right there. And to add them all you do is go to the page once and bookmark it.
/L.A

ok open my documents. click tools, folder options. click the file types tab. scroll down till u see url. click it once to highlight it, then just below that box is a section that says opens with... and a button that says change. click it and select internet explorer. click close and you should be fixed.

TechTodd,
its no solve it... :( ....i recognized that...when i double click Yahoo icon from internet URl(shortcut)....its open IE BUT...it does not loading like http://www.yahoo.com by itself.

I follow ur intruction...its fine and normal...i try create myself...same problem...there no solve it :( take look image on Below from attach.

Thank you

ok really now... lets pack your computer back in the box and take back to the store, because there is no unearthly reason to have a shortcut of a url on your desktop.

Open IE, find the site you want, click on the FAVORITES menu, add to favorites.

Simple. I agree with Lactic.Acid

pc_tek,
hehe...well....this computer is not mine...that my sister's computer...SO....i make folder "MyNAME" then double click from shortcut of URL..does not work...and also..I dont want Favorite or right click> choose Propeties then copy of URL. I know...favorite is WORK as well....for example:....if i create folder from favorite "speedrayo" then..add favorite XXX...so i dont want my sister take look my folder...they are TEEN.....i'm Older than them. :D thats why...i create folder put hide with Folder Guard.....Not matter create user account from control panel....sister will go to safe mode or c:\Documents and Settings\speedrayo...then go enter there...they are not dumb hehehe...im not stupid hehe.....thats why...i m using folder guard ask password for open one folder....:D

Thank you for try help me....but there is no solution....i tried re install Internet Explorer 6 seem no reponse...i gave up....thats crap xp. Good Night

ahhh *smack* my Brain :D I tried re-install Ie 6 for win xp...it does no response..i decide safe mode...FINAL Re-install ie 6...then...double click shortcut of URL...AHH *SMACK*...thats working. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

haha you are FAIL solution...j/k but try for help. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back