Help finding Western Digital Sata drivers for installing windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by homesick1337, Nov 1, 2004.

1. homesick1337

homesick1337 Computer Lover

I currently have 2 computers the mother boards in each are

ASUS SK8N
    ASUS A7N-8X

The western digital hard drives are all S-ATA drives connected to the motherboard when I tried to format both computers windows xp ask me for the drivers for it. I can't seem to tell where to find them and I tried western digital site and am totally confused and lost.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Homesick1337

2. CHiLLaXen

CHiLLaXen hypnotika

3. Abbadon2001

Abbadon2001 OSNN Addict

yes, CHiLLaXen is absolutely correct, you "should" have recieved a floppy with your motherboard that contains the drivers for your sata control, be that southbridge or 3rd party raid chip. Failing that im sure your motherboard manufacturer will have the latest release of the drivers on their homepage under support somewhere :)

4. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

I kno for mine I had to make one, there was a txt file to describe it to you. Alhto I just build a comp for a friend and just had to copy the drives off the cd to a floppy.

And it wouldnt be the hard drive drivers, u need drivers for your SATA controller.

5. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

AM is correct,

For the SCSI/SATA drivers for your mobo, follow the directions in your manual to copy the right drivers for the SATA controller onto a floppy.

Heeter