Help finding Western Digital Sata drivers for installing windows XP

homesick1337

Computer Lover
I currently have 2 computers the mother boards in each are

ASUS SK8N
ASUS A7N-8X

The western digital hard drives are all S-ATA drives connected to the motherboard when I tried to format both computers windows xp ask me for the drivers for it. I can't seem to tell where to find them and I tried western digital site and am totally confused and lost.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Homesick1337

yes, CHiLLaXen is absolutely correct, you "should" have recieved a floppy with your motherboard that contains the drivers for your sata control, be that southbridge or 3rd party raid chip. Failing that im sure your motherboard manufacturer will have the latest release of the drivers on their homepage under support somewhere :)

I kno for mine I had to make one, there was a txt file to describe it to you. Alhto I just build a comp for a friend and just had to copy the drives off the cd to a floppy.

And it wouldnt be the hard drive drivers, u need drivers for your SATA controller.

AM is correct,

For the SCSI/SATA drivers for your mobo, follow the directions in your manual to copy the right drivers for the SATA controller onto a floppy.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back