Help! CD Audio only plays in certain CD Players

Not all cd players are capable of reading CD-R made on a computer, really has nothing to do with the quality of the cd being made, some cd players just aren't able to read them.

"Not all CD players (and especially not all audio CD players) are CD-R capable at all. The reflection of a CD-R is different from that of a pressed CD. If in doubt, try it out. Sometimes a player can recognise one type of CD-R and not another. On a different player, the situation may be different again."

Right from this website CD PLayer

Exactly. Most newer players today are multiread capable. This means that the laser can switch intensity levels with the varying disc types. Older players don't have this feature. Some devices can't read CD-R's because the laser can't switch to the intensity. The same holds true for CD-RW's.

Wow, never knew so many people had problems burning CD's. Of any kind for that matter. I always burn mine and 16x because thats as fast as it go's. It works great never get any errors. Ive tried multiple CDR's and rarely have a problem. If I do I pretty much know what went wrong.

I would suggest trying different CDR's since different ones react differently to different Burners. Also if thats no good, maybe try re-encoding the MP3 files. I've had a couple that are full songs but get cut off half or so through the song. Although when I re-encoded the file and re-burned it, it played great.

Well thats my two cents.......

To add to Reg's comments -- as far as console DVD players go, most that are advertised as CD-R/RW capable actually use a second laser to exclusively read Compact Discs. Most (but not all, as I've come to understand) DVD-ROM drives do, as well. It's generally a given that console DVD players with MP3 compatibility can read CD-Rs. It's also worth noting that even machines that advertise CD-RW compatibility may still have glitches and skips with cheaper rewritable media (especially ones that have been erased multiple times).

If you want to try CD-Rs on a console DVD player that generally doesn't behave well with recordable media, I suggest giving Princo CD-Rs a try. 74 as opposed to 80 minute discs may offer improved compatibility.

I've personally only come upon a small handful of CD players that can't read CD-Rs at all. Oddly enough, I've also heard the occasional report of players that can read CD-RWs but not CD-Rs reliably.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back