Help cant connect to Google or yahoo

homesick1337

Computer Lover
Ok wierd problem earlier today while browsing i got disconected from yahoo and google. I tried pinging 0 response. I uninstalled my IOLO system mechanic firewall , made sure windows was turned off etc. I still couldnt connect to either web site.

I then decided to format my PC after a night full of headaches. Still with a fresh boot and install I type in google or yahoo and try to ping both and still no luck.

Anyone got any luck what could be the problem?

check out your network settings. And did you make a clean install or you just install windows over the old installation?

check out your network settings. And did you make a clean install or you just install windows over the old installation?

He stated that he formatted and then installed..

How exactly are you pinging the sites?

If you can get to other sites you may have accidentally blocked one or both of those sites...

My advice:
START/RUN/cmd (enter)
NSLOOKUP www.yahoo.com (enter)

Use IP(s) listed and ping the IP NOT the webname

If that works highlight the IP and put that in your search bar... presto you are on the site.

If it does NOT work it is definately one of two issues:
DNS
or
Security block

Think backto when this first happened and ask yourself if you installed ANYTHING new...

Get back to us and we can help you some more.

Mike A!

Sorry for the extremely late reply. The problem turned out to be my ISP's dns server was down which was causing all these problems.

Thank you to everyone that tried to help. I appreciate it greatly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back