help athlon temp HIGH!!!

Syrus

OSNN Addict
hi, i have an athlon xp 1900+ a abit motherboard and a coolmaster super heat pipe heatsink and i get dangerously high temps, recorded a temperature of 53degrees this morning!

53 isnt high for your CPU.. seems normal to me and definately within specification.

My cpu is at around 70 degrees !!!!!

THAT IS DEFINETELY DANGEROUS !!!

Normal?

I have an 1800+ and it only hit 45 degress after being on for a full week.

I mean its quite within tollerance levels.. and normal for HIS system.. not yours jvjb1983! ;)

Nope.... he's right. It might be a little on the high range, but nothing worth worrying about.... My 1700+ runs mid-40s, but thats with a Swiftech HSF and 8k rpm fan....

And Zanwar, that 1.4 t-bird of urs is probably the hottest running CPU AMD has ever created.... not that that helps, but i just thought id say it!! ;)

Keep in mind certain boards read the XPs thermal diode instead of the thermistor in the socket... That will cause the temps to read higher core temp,,, even thought they are really the same... The diode reading is the true temp,,, not socket air temp or die temp...

I too am a bit concerned with the temp of my Athlon XP Chip.

I have the 1800XP chip on the Asus A7V333. I'v not overclocked the motherboard or cpu yet, though have been considering it for a while.

According to Asus PC Probe and my IPannel the CPU temp is pretty constant at 61/62 degres C, the motherboard at a less worrying 28 degres c.

My computer is on all the time, and the processor is always at 100%, I'm doing my bit to find ET. (Seti results so far, 1954 units compleated, 21108hr's computing time).

I also have the Enermax EG365AX-VE power supply that sucks air from underneath and blows it out the back. Artic Silver III between my processor and heat sink; and an extra fan at the back blowing air out, and one at the front sucking it in.

Any sugestions would be warmly recived. I'm considering a new case, maybe one of these

http://web6.scan.co.uk/Products/Info.asp?WPID=10175

an Aluminum case, though I'm not keen on spending 'that' much on a case!

mod ur old case a little. more in and more out. A tower case is a good choice for hot cpu's. I cut a big hole in the bottom of mine and fitted an intake 80mm fan..

hmm.......bottom?
how much room u got under there to get the air in ? :p
put smaller fan pushin the hot air out the top
and try 2 intake fans sucking air in from the front...may want 1 in the bottem if u like....

Originally posted by Crucial
have the 1800XP chip on the Asus A7V333. I'v not overclocked the motherboard or cpu yet, though have been considering it for a while.

That board reads the thermal diode...

i got stands under PC. sorry bout low light level. PC is on a swivel about 8 inch off the floor so it cant suck crap in. (check slob of the week in fun stuff)
Image007.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back