Help! 5 minutes to restart or shutdown

B

Bretenn

Help.... everytime i need to take about 3~5 minutes b4 my computer can restart or shutdown. For example, after i press restart button..... it will stay at desktop for bout 3~5 minutes b4 it can reboot. Anyone can help me with that??

And do u all encounter problem when work flash 5 in xp?? it looks like it very easily to get not responding...... 10q for reply

Have you looked in the event viewer to see if any errors are showing up? Tghats usually a good place to start with issues like this.

Ken

Are you on a network?

Also, take a look in msconfig and see if there are programs starting you weren't aware of.

i'm on a home with two pc connected together... but usually i will unplug the network cable (seldomly use another pc). I check the msconfig oredi... and it just run 6 things which is rundll32, nwiz, taskswitch, ctfmon, msmsgs and vcool. Other i had disable.

I'm thinking mayb my rundll32 got problem.... anyone got any suggestions..?? 10q

Originally posted by Bretenn
i'm on a home with two pc connected together... but usually i will unplug the network cable (seldomly use another pc). I check the msconfig oredi... and it just run 6 things which is rundll32, nwiz, taskswitch, ctfmon, msmsgs and vcool. Other i had disable.

I'm thinking mayb my rundll32 got problem.... anyone got any suggestions..?? 10q

vcool: this maynot be related but your gonna toast you athlon with
vcool, it removes the idle cycles from the chip and will put it under serious strain......by more fans instead hehe....

disable the nwiz you dont need it....and if you use nvidia go into services and disable the nvidia driver helper service also....

itll help im sure....;)

i dont think you need ctfmon either less you have xp plus....
and do you really need msmsg im starting on load? this will help too im sure;)

10q for the post.... but thankgod that i manage to find the prob.... its bout devldr.exe which causing the problem....
i manage to fix it....

now my pc can restart as usual..... :D

I have the same problem to....And I do have Devldr.exe in my startup....What do I do??? Disable it???

Originally posted by Bretenn
10q for the post.... but thankgod that i manage to find the prob.... its bout devldr.exe which causing the problem....
i manage to fix it....

now my pc can restart as usual..... :D
ouch that devlder.exe is a trojan from morpheus so you been hacked and wacked sorry mate.........:(

hope its gone , and you gotta firewall, hehe

Nighthawk, i think u hav a creative sound card, rite??
if realli that thing causing u problem....install the latest driver from creative website.......then download the file that i attach.... go to safe mode (make sure devldr.exe did not load. if load, end its process.....ctrl+alt+del) replace the devldr.exe from windows/system32 with the aatach file....

hope can solve ur prob lol....

Thanks!!! I new it was part of creative....A trojan!!! lol good one smart guy!!! I will try that though brenton thanks!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back