Helkern attack-Defender Pro AV

ZionJudah

OSNN Newbie
I'm new here **Waves wildly** so first let me start by saying hi. And second let me say I'm not sure if this has been posted so if it has I apologize for reposting.

But I have Windows 2000. (a barbarian yes). And I just installed a new AV called Defender Pro, switching from Norton Internet Security because my Norton needed to be updated and I couldnt do it yet, so I got this Defender Pro and installed it. It seems to come with about 15 different internet security programs, BUT A MAJOR CONCERN is that since I installed it yesterday, with frequent regularity I've been getting a "Helkern Attack" warning. It says:

You computer has been attacked from (IP ADDRESS HERE). Attack: Helkern. The attack was sucessfully repulsed.

Now I know it says it was sucessfully repulsed so yay for me. :laugh: But I'm worried because it's happening almost every hour at times. I just installed this yesterday and my log has it appearing 8 times. With Norton Internet Security I NEVER got this before. In fact I think in the month I had it, I only got a virus warning three times. With Defender Pro I'm getting Helkern attacks 8 times in 24 hours.

Should I be worried. I dont know anything about a Helkern attack or the quality of Defender Pro in relation to Norton.

Is my computer under attack. Is Neo tryin to get me in the matrix? Or should I not be worried?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back