Helium2 and JET problem

ziptrx

OSNN Addict
After installing Helium2 and attempting to execute the program I receive a dialog stating no instance of JET has been found. I have checked the FAQ on their website, with no luck. Under third party requirements it states the following:
Third party requirements
Windows Installer v1.1

Helium 2 uses Windows Installer technology, which requires you to have atleast Windows Installer v1.1 on your system.

Typically, Windows Installer v1.1+ is already installed on Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server.

The InstallShield Engine may or may not be present on your system, depending on previously installed software.

You can check your version of the Windows Installer by following the steps below:
Locate the file msi.dll. This file is mostly located in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder.

Select the file, and choose properties.
Change to the version tab. The version of the file should be at least 1.1.x.x.
If your version is less than 1.1.x.x, you must download and install a higher version Windows Installer.

ADO and JET

The Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) are the key technologies that enable Universal Data Access. They include ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), Remote Data Service (RDS, formerly known as Advanced Data Connector or ADC), OLE DB, and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC).

To run Helium 2 you will need to have MDAC v2.7 and JET 4.0.
If you doesn't have the correct versions of ADO and/or Jet, the Helium 2 installation will notify you.
Typically, updated versions of MDAC and JET is already installed on the Windows XP and Windows 2000 (SP3) operating systems.

I have the lastest JET and MDAC, running on XP Pro. Has anyone, that uses this program, experienced this problem? Also I have contacted their support, but it seems that they only offer tech help to registered users.

Thanks for any help resolving this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back