Heat baby yeah!

G

Gouk

Look at my system specs below in blue and tell me if these temps are O.K.

Thanks alot Lonman :)

I was kinda wondering that maybe its too high since my crappy Duron 800 was only 36-40c

What dya think I should set the CPU Thermal alarm threshhold to?

65 Celcius. I typically get mine as warm as 70-72 and haven't had any problems. If you get up to 65 you might want to consider getting some quick silver or something... that's what i need to do.

as long as there are no gremlins bar b qing in your sys you are fine goku... btw what do you think of the avatars I have been dling and using ? I am still in my DBZ animated gif mode and this is the 2nd incarnation of gohan I am using as an avatar...

comments goku?

Originally posted by sazar99
as long as there are no gremlins bar b qing in your sys you are fine goku... btw what do you think of the avatars I have been dling and using ? I am still in my DBZ animated gif mode and this is the 2nd incarnation of gohan I am using as an avatar...

comments goku?

Your avatars are great. What dya think of mine?

I'm glad that someone watches my show :D

What should I set the mobo threshold to?

Originally posted by catch23
I wouldn't let it get much hotter than that.

That means no game playing or anything that would require the CPU to actually work.....:p

Does that Lian-Li case have a "blow hole"??

Yep

Just need some l33t glow sticks now and a gfx card and monitor and im set.

don't you guys use cpuidle? my temps are never more than 40C! I have gotten below 30C when idle... and I only have a midrange hs/fan and an athlon 1.2! try cpuidle.. it works miracles!

Under full load my CPU reaches 62c. Is this ok?
I got a Volcano 7+ in the medium setting (5000RPM)

62 should be fine, I believe XP are rated as high as 90Celsius

also nobody ever seems to ask if about the location of comp...

such as is it airconditoned room?(62 then would be high)
mexico,death valley,sahara(62 would be low)

use the highest rpm too:) arent those hsf loud as hell?

62C is high dude, I've got a AMD 1900+ and at full load it's never gone higher than 45C, Room temp around 24C usually, I'd do like what [CpK]Bastid turn up that fan, get that temp down.

Originally posted by Iceman38
62C is high dude, I've got a AMD 1900+ and at full load it's never gone higher than 45C, Room temp around 24C usually, I'd do like what [CpK]Bastid turn up that fan, get that temp down.

BUT YOUR ICEMAN!!!! YOU ICE j00r COMPUTAR!! ;)

What dya think it would drop down to if I upped my fans speed to HIGH (7000RPM)? Will it drop to 50c under full load?

ya i wouldnt want my cpu reaching 90.....but it says clearly on amd website:)....i dont wanna test that temp out tho:)....my board shuts off at 70:).......just thought i'd post that since so many people have questions about amd temps:)

Originally posted by Goku

BUT YOUR ICEMAN!!!! YOU ICE j00r COMPUTAR!! ;)

What dya think it would drop down to if I upped my fans speed to HIGH (7000RPM)? Will it drop to 50c under full load?

it might drop it down that far, but I doubt it, do u have the puter in a confined location, because it sounds from that temp u do, and the heat has nowhere to go.

I hate those computer desks where u put the puter inside a confined area, those are just asking for trouble. ;)

7000rpm will cool it down a lot though :eek:

No, i got my PC on a workstation but there is a wall behind which is 12CM away from the rear of the PC base unit.

Can that be the cause of the high cpu heat?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back