Headset/Mic and 5.1 surround?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok, title isn't heavily specific as to what i am wondering, but i tried to keep it short and sweet.

Does anyone know if it's possible/if there's a way to use my Audigy 2 ZS for my 5.1 surround speakers and my on-board sound for my headset microphone? Or if there's something else i can do to have them both connected to the Audigy 2 ZS, or even if you know where i might be able to buy the little Hub that is either USB/Firewire or goes into a drive bay?

Now that i think about it........ would it work if i got one of the splitter things they use so you can hook up like... 2 sets of headphones to one CD player, and connect both the speaker, and the headphone plug to that into the Audigy 2, and plug the mic plug into the mic port?

ElementalDragon said:
Now that i think about it........ would it work if i got one of the splitter things they use so you can hook up like... 2 sets of headphones to one CD player, and connect both the speaker, and the headphone plug to that into the Audigy 2, and plug the mic plug into the mic port?

So you want to connect the speakers AND the headset's speakers (trying to get it right). If so then the splitter would work, you'd use it on the front (green) connector. and just plug the mic into the mic port as u said.

might take the headset i currently have back to Best Buy and order a set of the LTB 5.1 surround headphones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back