Headset/Mic and 5.1 surround?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ElementalDragon, Jul 7, 2005.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Ok, title isn't heavily specific as to what i am wondering, but i tried to keep it short and sweet.

Does anyone know if it's possible/if there's a way to use my Audigy 2 ZS for my 5.1 surround speakers and my on-board sound for my headset microphone? Or if there's something else i can do to have them both connected to the Audigy 2 ZS, or even if you know where i might be able to buy the little Hub that is either USB/Firewire or goes into a drive bay?

2. ElementalDragon

Now that i think about it........ would it work if i got one of the splitter things they use so you can hook up like... 2 sets of headphones to one CD player, and connect both the speaker, and the headphone plug to that into the Audigy 2, and plug the mic plug into the mic port?

3. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

So you want to connect the speakers AND the headset's speakers (trying to get it right). If so then the splitter would work, you'd use it on the front (green) connector. and just plug the mic into the mic port as u said.

4. ElementalDragon

might take the headset i currently have back to Best Buy and order a set of the LTB 5.1 surround headphones.