Having a hard time about what card to install...help me deside..

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Nedreplan, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Nedreplan

Nedreplan Guest

I currently have a Geforce FX 5600...

But I have a Geforce Ti 4200 on the side doing nothing, will probably sell it soon.

BUT... I have been offered to buy for a really good price (at a local shop which is owned by a friend) a retail version of:
    Gainward's Geforce4 Ti 4800SE Model Ultra/750-8X XP
    Video-in/Video-out DVI.

I was told that it should be better (faster and so) than
    the FX 5600 and can safely be OC'ed to a Ti 4600 (300MHz/650MHz).

No complete DirectX 9 support, but does that matter...yet?

So.. please help me deside... I am not a online gamer..like Half Life..Quake..Doom or so.
    But I do alot of flight simulators..sport games and strategy like Rise Of Nations and Age Of Mythology. The only online I run is Vietcong. :eek:

So, what do you think??...Which one is the best choice?
  2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    to be honest it sounds like there trying to sell off that card, save yourself the money for now. the small fps benifit in current games is not all that much, and DX9 is coming is all new releases. if you need the ViVo that bad sell off both and get a fx5900 ultra ViVo but not the ti4800

a ti4800 is a ti4200 with 8xagp, and the extra agp isnt up to much bar 100-200 3d marks.
  3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    ti4800 == ti 4600 with agp8x...

ti 4800Se == to 4400 with agp8x...

I presume the SE stands for slower edition (or sucker edition if you think this is faster than the 4600 or the 4800 :D )
  4. Nedreplan

Nedreplan Guest

So, what you are saying is to stick with the FX 5600 and wait until my bank account is full enough for a FX 5900 Ultra or the future 5700?...:rolleyes: :p
  5. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Fort Worth, TX
    Actually there were 2 messages in the earlier posts.

1). Stay with the 5600 for now.
    2). Reconsider calling the guy who owns the shop a friend.

So if you have a 5600 and a P4 2.53 CPU why do you feel you need a faster vid card. That combo should take any game that's on the market?
  6. Brando457

Brando457 Guest

sell nvidia get ati :) jk jk

I d stick with 5600