have you ever

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by *~*Insolence*~*, Jun 20, 2002.

1. downloaded something and then when you try to delete it and it wont becasue an error window pops up and tells you another program might be using it...even though you know for a fact that its not?

well this has happened to me twice since ive had XP...i try and try to delete it but its just not gonna happen...so if anybody here could help me out it would be great

i dont know if this is the right forum for this question but im gonna ask you guys anyway
  2. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I had that.. but after a reboot everything was fine. Have you tried that?
  3. Mr Dead

Mr Dead Guest

Found A solution

Ive had that problem with avi files ive downloaded. Found a solution by using tweakxp's fileshredder. It wont completely delete the file but when you exit tweakxp you then delete the file as normal...
  4. Re: Found A solution

yeah thats what im having the problem with...i think im gonna try that file shredder...thanks man
  5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

One solution is to boot into safe mode and remove it from there.

A friend of mine told me it was caused by some preview function in XP. Therefor some files (mostly .avi (DivX)) will be locked by this function if the function for some reason has a problem previewing this file. (Yeah that made sense (?)) I have not been able to verify if this was true.
  6. yeah thanks man...when i tried in safe mode it worked...i would have never thought of that