Have we lost our reputations?

Hahaha Speedy... everyone loves torturing you! :p

I think it's good to point out inconsistencies and whatnot in order to perfect the system... and also to make more work for EP. ;)

Post Counts, Reputation and Time Registered all contribute to rep. power.

What about being a mod/smod/admin, that make any difference?

Hehe, all of a sudden almost everyone has multiple pips.
tongue.gif

yeah :/ like i dont wanna give some people 20 reputation points, just 1 :( any way to do this?

No. You only don't want to give so many points because they may end up with more than you!!! :eek: shocking!!

Again, it doesn't matter. If you think someone deserves some points, give them, if they don't, then dont!

No. But like I said, the boundaries will eventually be stretched alot.
So it will be like tennis, where 15 is really sod all, and deuce just confuses the hell out of you.

Analogy master.

i think if i give 50% of members poinnts they will overtake me :p

Henyman said:
i think if i give 50% of members poinnts they will overtake me :p

Who cares? Like Dave said, if they deserve it, give it to them.

I was all for the system at first, It's starting to annoy me now :/

People just need to stop begging, damn it. As muzikool stated earlier, it's ok to remind someone once in a while if you actually DID something to help them out. But just spamming every thread with "Gimme, gimme" posts is only going to defeat the original purpose of the system.
hmm.gif

What's the point in devoting yourself to gaining brownie points aka reputaion points. You know it's like the 3 main players will always be in top 3.

Personally I think their should be tariff system like in diving at the Olympics.
Take into account post and threads started and comented on, this should count as one part of the equation, your colour status, like if you're a red, blue, green, orange user etc...so the lower user a blue name gets 4 for a reputaion point, then it's wroked out on amount of posts, if they just post comments like lol or :) all of the time, not something constructive, then they should get penalised, it kind of works on the quality not quantity basis. I am not very bright so someone must have a good 'weighting' solution.

We are going to just get people making up loads of id's aswell and giving themselves rep points (I bet that is happening). Where there is a scheme you get schemers.

Nah... The best option is rep points only for the general members and not the mods/smods/admin as they will obviously come out top of the list.
Besides, they should be overlooking the whole system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back