Have to underclock CPU in order

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
to install and run Vista 64. If I'm default my system locks up right when you see the "Green Load Bar/Microsoft Corporation" you can barely see it but thats where it locks. If I downclock and run Intelburn it fails. Test ram with memtest and no errors and test the same ram on other computer and no errors. Does with 4 sticks of ram or one.. went through them individually.

Everything works fine in 32 bit. Passes INtelburn.

Everything at Default I dont' overclock
Gigabyte 750F-DS4
AMD 9850
OCZ Reaper 4 x 1gb (1066)
X-Fi Titanium
Powercolor 4870
Sapphire 4870

Stupid question, but are you sure you're copy of Vista 64 is okay?

I've two copies of Vista64.. Home Premium and Ultimate and both come out with the same results. I'm going try Win7 64 Beta here shortly..

I have a similar issue :(

though in my case the pc will crash once and be fine the rest of the time until I turn it off next.

I had thought it was mismatched memory timings but since it has been doing it with one set of ram removed I'm mystified as to what it could be.

So far I've come up with intermittant ram fault that software testers aren't showing, or a cracked solder/circuit pathway on the mainboard that only makes proper contact when warm.

I suspect the same may be true for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back