Have anyone of you tried to install Roxio EasyCD 5 Platinam with DirectCD... on XP?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Syedur, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Syedur

Syedur OSNN Addict

Appearntly I have installed it without the directCD, and installed the patches from the roxio website, but when I still try to install the directCD, it says "Driver not supported, do you still want to install it?"
    So, I don't want to install it if its not supported, and screw up the system, cause last time when I did it XP disabled my burner and dvd drive drivers; I couldn't use either one of them after that, so I had to reinstall XP....

Thanks.

2. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

Thats becaus DirectCD doesnt work/isnt compatible with XP :)
    use at your own risk

3. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

ive installed it a total of 4 or 5 times i think on two different systems and it worked fine each time i did it. You must follow the directions here very closely. It will tell you that the drive is not supported when you try to install the first time; ignore this. Then after rebooting, you might get some sort of error from windows saying that a certain driver wasnt loaded cuz it isnt compatable with xp. Ignore this and run the patch xp_up_platinum.exe and reboot again. Then update to 5.02 and restart. Then run the xp_up_platinum a second time and restart. Thats how ive done it and i haven't had a single problem

4. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

I use it all the time, I love it, works fine for me!

5. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

maybe its a Canadian thing...hehe :p

6. Syedur

Syedur OSNN Addict

Yes, it worked...!!! Awesome....
    Thanks a lot....

NOTE: You will also have to disable IMAPI. (Which is a speed tweak for Nero in this site.) That way XP's built-in writer will not interfear with DirectCD.

SUGGESTION: Webmaster can add this to the bug guide or installation help to this web site... (I am not talking credit for it).

Laters...

7. Digerati

Digerati Guest

I have a somewhat related question.

When I install Easy Cdcreator 5 platinum, I d/l the XP upgrade as well as the update to v5.02c (or 5.03c, i don't remember the number but it's the latest from the website).

Anyhow, I have no problem running the XP migration update, but when I try to run the 5.02c version upgrade, it says that I do not have a version of Easy CDcreator that can be upgraded.

I don't know why.

8. Syedur

Syedur OSNN Addict

It happened to me too... :confused:
    I don't know why either...
    Try this... download a different patch... and try to install it or just reinstall the whole EasyCD.

Laters.

9. purush

purush Guest

Direct CD update

Calm down guys, it works, I can guarantee. I have bothe Easy CD Creator Platinum version 502c and nero, the following link will update with Direct CD working. No need to register, it's a stand alone application. It WORKS.
    (http://cequadrat.com/driver/dcd_upd/DCDUP.exe)

10. Syedur

Syedur OSNN Addict