Have anyone of you tried to install Roxio EasyCD 5 Platinam with DirectCD... on XP?

Syedur

OSNN Addict
Appearntly I have installed it without the directCD, and installed the patches from the roxio website, but when I still try to install the directCD, it says "Driver not supported, do you still want to install it?"
So, I don't want to install it if its not supported, and screw up the system, cause last time when I did it XP disabled my burner and dvd drive drivers; I couldn't use either one of them after that, so I had to reinstall XP....

Thanks.

Thats becaus DirectCD doesnt work/isnt compatible with XP :)
use at your own risk

ive installed it a total of 4 or 5 times i think on two different systems and it worked fine each time i did it. You must follow the directions here very closely. It will tell you that the drive is not supported when you try to install the first time; ignore this. Then after rebooting, you might get some sort of error from windows saying that a certain driver wasnt loaded cuz it isnt compatable with xp. Ignore this and run the patch xp_up_platinum.exe and reboot again. Then update to 5.02 and restart. Then run the xp_up_platinum a second time and restart. Thats how ive done it and i haven't had a single problem

Originally posted by AmarSingh
ive installed it a total of 4 or 5 times i think on two different systems and it worked fine each time i did it. You must follow the directions here very closely. It will tell you that the drive is not supported when you try to install the first time; ignore this. Then after rebooting, you might get some sort of error from windows saying that a certain driver wasnt loaded cuz it isnt compatable with xp. Ignore this and run the patch xp_up_platinum.exe and reboot again. Then update to 5.02 and restart. Then run the xp_up_platinum a second time and restart. Thats how ive done it and i haven't had a single problem

Yes, it worked...!!! Awesome....
Thanks a lot....

NOTE: You will also have to disable IMAPI. (Which is a speed tweak for Nero in this site.) That way XP's built-in writer will not interfear with DirectCD.

SUGGESTION: Webmaster can add this to the bug guide or installation help to this web site... (I am not talking credit for it).

Laters...

I have a somewhat related question.

When I install Easy Cdcreator 5 platinum, I d/l the XP upgrade as well as the update to v5.02c (or 5.03c, i don't remember the number but it's the latest from the website).

Anyhow, I have no problem running the XP migration update, but when I try to run the 5.02c version upgrade, it says that I do not have a version of Easy CDcreator that can be upgraded.

I don't know why.

Originally posted by Digerati
I have a somewhat related question.

When I install Easy Cdcreator 5 platinum, I d/l the XP upgrade as well as the update to v5.02c (or 5.03c, i don't remember the number but it's the latest from the website).

Anyhow, I have no problem running the XP migration update, but when I try to run the 5.02c version upgrade, it says that I do not have a version of Easy CDcreator that can be upgraded.

I don't know why.

It happened to me too... :confused:
I don't know why either...
Try this... download a different patch... and try to install it or just reinstall the whole EasyCD.

Laters.

Direct CD update

Calm down guys, it works, I can guarantee. I have bothe Easy CD Creator Platinum version 502c and nero, the following link will update with Direct CD working. No need to register, it's a stand alone application. It WORKS.
(http://cequadrat.com/driver/dcd_upd/DCDUP.exe)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back