Have a laugh on me - name my computer too?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
OK now guys - you need to hear some background and bear with me on this one - but I received an email from a client company that I Telnet into through a VPN connnection. And you need to be aware that I have a netwrok of three computers all of which might do this - the first was called "BOLLOX" (because it was the dogs wottsits when I had it then!) the next should have been called "PUPPY", (but got a boring name when Lord refromatted and installed Windows as a favour to me!) and my sig rig is called
"SEXYBITCH"
because I own it and consider the technology and nexus case "sexy"....

Now below - with details removed for obvious reasons is an email I receive the other day (remember this is over 12 MONTHS after I have been connecting with all these computers on a more or less daily basis!)....

Code:
[I]My name[/I]

We would certainly appreciate it if you would name your computer something other than “SEXYBITCH” if you are connecting to the [I][client name][/I] network via VPN.

Thank you.

[I]network personage[/I]

I was seriously grinning that day - but also somewhat challenged - I now need to think up three names that match up in a connected sense and with possibility of adding more (EG - Matthew, Mark, Luke - has option to add John)....

Apart from sharing in my warped humour at this incident - could you folks come up with some potential namings for my rigs? I do not want to make all these updates and have to change again - and I want something that retains my preference for character - oh year and I like Hunter S. Thompson and stuff and it can be a USA theme that is fine too....

all ideas that I like repped - even if they are not chosen!

C'mon and amaze me guys - I shared that real funny tale - so what can you suggest? :)

Last edited:
Cat_sarse

Why? Its the opposite of the dogs *******s ;)

heh you want to find te netbios name of one of their important servers and call your machine that :D

LordOfLA said:
heh you want to find te netbios name of one of their important servers and call your machine that :D

:laugh:

LORD, somehow, you seem EVIL...

@MFG how about using Law and Order naming convention? I think thats one of the shows hes in...

Mine is called bunny.

After the killer bunny in The Holy Grail.

I have FUSION and FISSION at home.

Steevo said:
Mine is called bunny.

After the killer bunny in The Holy Grail.

the one with big pointy teeth!!!!!!

mine is called the knight of ni.

Great ideas are coming here - reps going out already - one point though, whatever name needs to be a starter for family of names (EG SexyHoe could then have BlackSpade and DigFork as parts of the set making up my "network"...) I guess catsarse could have tongue and paws, not sure there.... or even furball! Anyway - you get the idea. Keep 'em coming - and nice to hear I was not the only one with a computername of Bitch KCNY!

Could use real names. Here's my computer names:

Desktop = Caleb
Laptop = Cody
PDA = Cody-Jr
Webserver = Daryl
Dedicated Folding Machine = Dylan

I just dont see naming a computer a female name, I have no idea why. I will reserve female names to thing like a car or something.

OK, some REAL suggestions. :p

Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe

Leonardo, Donnatelo, Michaelangelo, Raphael

Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzy

Of course there's always the LoTR, Star Wars and Star Trek names for the geeky people. :p

muzikool said:
OK, some REAL suggestions. :p

Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe

Leonardo, Donnatelo, Michaelangelo, Raphael

Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzy

Of course there's always the LoTR, Star Wars and Star Trek names for the geeky people. :p
How about....

Catcha, Tiger, ByThe, Toe

Splinter, Shredder, April

BigBird, Ernie, Bert

:p

/me waits and wonders what TB might suggest :eek: :suprised: :speechless: :crosseyed: :rolleyes: :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back