Hardware profiling for RAM Upgrades

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kcnychief, Jul 18, 2005.

1. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I have a few "clone" PC's at a remote site I need to upgrade the RAM in. I did NOT build them, so I don't know the details except that they all have 256MB, not even sure if both slots (assuming the machine only has 2 slots) are 128x2. My question is this...

My "contact" at the site is somewhat tech savy. I am trying to figure out an easier way for her to get the type of RAM I need, without having to open up the case or go into the BIOS. I was thinking Sisoft Sandra, but that might be a little confusing for a new user.

Anyone know of easier ways to graphically decide if we need SDRAM, PC2100, PC3200, etc?

2. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

i know i have something for this if no one figures it out when i get home in a few hours i iwll look at the program name. HAs a little green icon and runs from the exe great prog just cant remember what its called... damnit hehe.

3. kcnychief

Hey thanks for the effort, I don't need it for a day or two. I need to run it on 3 machines, all running Windows XP Pro, and looking for a relatively small installation with ease of use. Thanks!

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

kcnychief likes this.
  5. kcnychief

Perfect! Exactly what I need, thanks!!

Attached Files:

• RAM.bmp
      File size:
      545 KB
      Views: