hardware failure detector

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
kinda seemed like the correct topic to put it under.

Anyone know of an app that can tell me if a piece of hardware has been slightly damaged or if it is not working to it's full potential (which would probably kinda be the same thing)? For some reason, after the few overheats i had due to paint particles in my case, now most of the games i play seem..... well...... choppy, when they never were before. even WoW is choppy at some points, and that's not an extremely heavily graphically intense game.

anybody know of something? it'd really help me out a LOT..... then i'd know if it's hardware issues or software.

And if the benchmark completes and the numbers look ok then download sisoft sandra and run burn in on your various hardware one peice at a time and see if anything starts getting degraded or crashes.

You can do the same by running the video benchmark multiple times to drive temperatures up but it won't tell you which peice is crapping out.

....oh yeah..... i think my CPU kinda kicked it. ran the CPU Arithmetic benchmark thing in Sandra 2005........ my P4 2.4C that i currently have overclocked to 3.0 has lower numbers than a standard P4 2.4B, and is showing that it's performing at about half of what a standard P4 3.0C performs at. so yeah...... think i'ma need a new one.

just as some visual backup...... yeah...... it's kinda slightly toasted.

1st result = my processor
2nd = about where it's performing
3rd = what it should at LEAST be, especially cause of the fact that the P4 2.4B is the one with the 533 fsb, mine is the 800 fsb
4th = where i'd assume it should actually be since mine is a 2.4C that i oc'd to 3.0..... and the 4th one is a 3.0C
5th = not really important in this example.

Attachments

• Sandra results.JPG
    Sandra results.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 143
Looks likw its time to get an AMD :)

eeh...... i probably would...... but that'd more than likely wind up being more money than just buying a new, faster processor. that and the fact that if i did go AMD, i'd probably get a nice A64.... but then i'd also want PCI-Express..... which would lead to me needing a new video card too....... just too complicated. i don't even know if i'll be able to get a new processor yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back