Harddrives

Moonwraith

OSNN Veteran Addict
Just thinking; if i had an extra £60-80, would it be worth putting anew harddrive into my new system (ordering tomorrow). My currentone's a MAXTOR 6L080J4 (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133).

You think it'd be worth it?

and if so, any one's within that price range?

that would all depend if the one you have is full or not. If it's not and you don't really have a problem with your current amount of space, why bother getting a new one? If it's annoyingly full, might as well get a new one.

Hmmmm I'm using 40 odd gb at the mo. Wasn't a fan of the idea ofwiping all my music again for the new system; was thinking possiblyrunning this as slave.

I've also got the hankering feeling it might be getting old, or sounding old anyways :suprised:. It whirs quite loudly (loudest noise from the case) when pc turns onthen goes quiet after about 15-20 seconds. It never used to bequite this loud

No major problems with it though

You may have just answered your own question then mate :) get a new hard drive and set that to windows and then like you said use old as slave

heh, fair enough s'why i started this thread; anyone know any decent ones for less than 80 s'quids? :)

Plus smaller cable, so less cabling mess. It's actually been shown that a single SATA drive isn't that much faster (if any) than an equivalent PATA drive. In RAID configurations is where SATA seems to shine more. :)

When you install that old drive as the slave backup your data and music files to the new drive. Just in case....

Cheers, yeah - well. £110 MOT :devious: <curses car>

Looks like i'm stuck with this one till I've money :) Heh, thanks anyways guys

I hate money issues. Not being able to buy something because you're a few bucks short is really lame. At any rate, it doesn't sound to me like your HD is on the verge of dying, so no big deal. Just enjoy your new computer when you get it built. :) HD prices have been dropping a bit lately anyway. You'll be able to pick up a 200gb for the price 160's are now pretty soon, I'd say.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back