Hard time POSTing and random resets

D

Digerati

I just moved my Biostar M7VIG into a new case and reinstalled XPpro. The mobo ran great when it was in its old case, since I moved it it has trouble POSTing.

When I start up I'll hear a triple beep and then a lower 2 double beep. The HD light will be constantly lit, the CD drives will spin and no video will appear.

If I keep reseting the system it will eventually give me one beep and post and start up fine.

I can then run the computer but every now and again it will randomly reset. After resetting it will offer no beeps or video. If I then manually reset I have to go through the beep series all over again and keep resetting until it decides to POST again.

So far I haven't been able to tell of any pattern or regular occurance for the resets, they don't happen often, but the problem POSTing at startup is pretty constant if I turn my system off or restart.

My CPU temp is around 44C so I don't think that's the problem.

As far as I know everything is securely fastend too, but I'll check again.

I'm running a Duron 950 with 512mb of pc133 ram and an ATI rage fury card.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Sounds to me like memory or possibly a loose IDE, erm try swapping the memory into different banks

Skazz

Forgot to mention, when I finally get my computer to POST and I get into WinXPpro, it gives me the message "Your registry data had to be recovered from a log or backup source, recovery was successful" or something close to that.

Says it everytime I finally get it to POST and startup again.

I checked my memory and cables and they all seem tight.

Ahh rite I had that error once, when my hard drive was playing up, kept getting freezes and the hard disk light would stay on maybe have a look at ure hard drive?

Skazz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back