Hard drive ???

B

banter

I just got a hard drive and i installed it and when i started my computer up and opened my computer it wasn't there!!

It is displayed in device manager and says it is working properly.

does anyone know what i can do ??

Goku to the rescue :cool:

Go to the Control panel and click on Adminisrative Tools then click on Computer Management

and then look at the attached picture :)

Hope this helps :D

Hi there

i have the same trouble except Bios can see the slave hdd but windows cant. not even in computer management!!

any ideas people?

Partitioned and Formatted?

I gotta ask if you're partitioned it and formatted it. HD's come with no partitions. You have to use Fdisk to create a primary partition and then format the drive... FAT32 or NTFS. Sorry if you already know that, it's just that you never know the XPerience level of people. Not everyone knows you can't just plug in a new hard drive and expect it to work right out of the box.

Wrath

Re: Partitioned and Formatted?

Originally posted by Wrathchild
I gotta ask if you're partitioned it and formatted it. HD's come with no partitions. You have to use Fdisk to create a primary partition and then format the drive... FAT32 or NTFS. Sorry if you already know that, it's just that you never know the XPerience level of people. Not everyone knows you can't just plug in a new hard drive and expect it to work right out of the box.

Wrath

Yep, if Comp. Management cannot detect the HD then try FDISK in DOS and see if that works. Create a Primary Partition then go back into WinXP and see if Comp. management see's it and then Format it to NTFS or FAT32 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back