hard drive space?

F

fitfella29

i transfered about 1gb of data to my hard drive from a couple of cd`s and when i started this i had 27gb`s free on my hd.so with the 1gb that should of taken my hard drive down to 26gb`s.so i did what i had to do and deleted the 1gb of files back off my hd so theoretically that should have taken my free hd space back up to 27gb but it hasnt.ive got 26.10 gb`s so really it hasnt deleted all the files off my hd.does this make sense?

are you using anything like norton system works ?

just thinking about protected recycle bin.

When i had this in the past it can take a day to reallocate the deleted space.

delete your temp folder contents. i think theres a copy in there for the burning process?

Was it many small files or few big ones? Small files can take up more space than they should because of the nature of filesystems.

If you want a better explaination why, just shout.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back